aligarysmom

Songster
Mar 14, 2018
Oregon
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I got my first chickens when I was very young (3ish), but this is the first set I have had of my very own. I like to read about how to do things correctly, I hope.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I ordered 25 buff Orpintons and I am keeping six.
(3) What breeds do you have?
My mother currently keeps Black Stars, and I believe we had Road Island Reds when I was a kid.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
The Great Google, of course.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Everything you can think of, Scuba, Hiking, Running, Cycling, Sewing, Reading, I mean almost anything. Jeeps!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Medical Technologist with a wonderful family. Dog and Cat, saltwater fish-they are on a break-or I am on a break :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I got my first chickens when I was very young (3ish), but this is the first set I have had of my very own. I like to read about how to do things correctly, I hope.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I ordered 25 buff Orpintons and I am keeping six.
(3) What breeds do you have?
My mother currently keeps Black Stars, and I believe we had Road Island Reds when I was a kid.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
The Great Google, of course.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Everything you can think of, Scuba, Hiking, Running, Cycling, Sewing, Reading, I mean almost anything. Jeeps!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Medical Technologist with a wonderful family. Dog and Cat, saltwater fish-they are on a break-or I am on a break :)

Welcome Ali to backyard Chickens thanks for the great profile

Wow you must be young to have so many physical pursuits, ie,running, etc. I do some walking - two speeds slow and stop.
Running is a bit of a stretch, I jog....LOL. Not very young, but I like to try and stay moving. I did fall off a small cliff onto my head last summer while hiking. I am probably too old to be doing all the stuff I do, but I am still pretty active, and I am trying to stay that way.

I kept a 30 gallon tank. I closed it down because it began to leak. I will get another. We are getting ready to move to a large property. Lots of chickens!! And I will add my tank back (about a 50 this time). I love coral.
That's awesome! I have no idea about growing coral except that it takes a long time. Do you keep live coral polyps? Not even sure if that is a thing people do honestly. I'm mostly into freshwater, myself. No fish tanks at the moment, but I've a love for shrimp and betta. Also, axolotl seem fun to keep.

Back
Top Bottom