coreycalico

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is where I introduce myself. My name is Corey and we just raised our first 2 bantoms from chicks. The gate on our pen came open last night in a storm and our dogs killed our rooster. Now I’m not sure how to replace him. Can you mix breeds? Will our hen hurt a small chick? My 7 year old is distraught so we were wanting to get another chicken today. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to BYC!
:yesss:

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:
I'm sorry for your loss.
Good luck on integrating a new bird...it's usually not so easy.
Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
There are a couple of articles below in my signature that are worth the short read.
BYC has an APP

Hi Corey and welcome to BYC

If you can get hold of a replacement bantam (or a few - they’re only small :)) then integrating them is most certainly doable but do a search on “integration”, using the byc search function before you take the plunge.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3- You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

:welcome

Sorry to hear about your loss (your poor little girl!). When you do get another bird or 3 or 4, be sure to keep them separated for at least a couple weeks or longer...that isolation period will give you a chance to ensure the new bird(s) are healthy before exposing your current bird to something contagious.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom