NEW MEMBER...

djcram

Chirping
Aug 26, 2019
I am new to chicken ownership! We bought chicks in April and have found a lot of answers to questions here on Backyard Chickens. We currently have 5 chickens (4 hens and 1 rooster) and probably this will be enough for us. We have Wyandotte (rooster), 1 Buff Brahma, 2 Barred Rock, 1 Polish. I wanted chickens for our own eggs....one of my Barred has become my biggest sweetheart. Ever since she was in our bathroom as a baby she would watch us intensely and always letting me pet on her and hold her. Even now she comes running to me when I am outside.

We have run an animal rescue for the last 10 years and have many (15) dogs at this time, 7 cats, 8 goats, miniature horse and mini donkey. We live on a 12 acre farm and have wild turkeys come thru everyday. We love our animals. My husband builds General Lee replicas and also will restore other old cars and he used to work in NASCAR. I used to work in the medical field until I quit to do animal rescue.

I found BYC just by doing a general search for questions on chicken raising.....

Back
Top Bottom