DebbT

Chirping
Nov 2, 2019
Eastern Washington state
Hi, my name is Debbie and I'm new to the group, I'm excited to be able to share the love of poultry and benefit from the wealth of knowledge in this group. I'm just going to make it easy and answer the sample questions.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I've had chickens for about 25 yrs, so not new, but now that my kids are grown I have time to focus more on my birds.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? At the time I have 42 chickens, 9 Turkeys, 4 India blue peafowl (1 is a baby that I hatched, my first, and would love some help determining gender) and a pair of beautiful red golden pheasants.

(3) What breeds do you have?
My chickens are frizzles, large cochin, Buff brahmas, dark brahmas, Mille Fleur D'uccles, some asst. Colored egg layers (breeds still to be determined) and a couple barnyard mixes.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love spending time with them, but also and that they eat lots of bugs from my yard and I like to have my own fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love spending time family, but also enjoy crocheting, sewing and cooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I own a small business, we have 6 kids, 17 grandkids and 3 great grandkids, and counting. (No, I'm not old enough)

inCollage_20191031_061503338.jpg

Hello Debbie and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you, I intended to include my location, and I realized after I posted that I hadn't.

Back
Top Bottom