Daisie123

In the Brooder
Dec 9, 2019
Hi! I am new to the forum, but have had chickens for about 3-4 years now. I started out with 6 chickens, but am now up to 17 due to 4H activities. We have 3 Easter Eggers, 1 Cuckoo Marans, 3 silkie bantams, 3 Sapphire Gems, 1 frizzle serama, and 6 serams.

I began raising chickens just for eggs, but my daughter has become chicken crazy so now we are contemplating breeding for 4H and sale. :) We are former suburbanites and actually have small acreage, but the chickens reside in the back yard. We also have goats, dogs and a cat. I am hoping to learn more about care and breeding of chickens.

Welcome to BYC. If you really want to breed/show/sell, attend a show, pick a breed, and buy breeding stock from someone who does well at the shows. Good stock costs more initially, but doesn't cost anymore to feed than poor stock. Good luck to you and your daughter in your endeavors.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

We are so glad you decided to join our community! 4-H is a wonderful place to start learning! I was involved as a kid, best years of my life. :) Make yourself at home here and if you need help with anything or have questions, we are all ears. Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom