Slightly Cracked Kid

Chirping
12 Years
Feb 13, 2009
I copied and pasted the sample questions to make it easy. I am excited to be a part of the group and learn.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not new to chickens, I have had chickens for 20+ years, but I am always learning and growing.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have about 35

(3) What breeds do you have?
Oh my goodness!! I have a little bit of everything, I recently bought some Cinnamon Queens that probably came out of a laying house. I am getting Maran chicks in a few weeks. I love the different colors of eggs.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The different colors of eggs, the personalities of the different chickens, sitting outside and having “chicken therapy” and being able to provide eggs for friends and family.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
There are other hobbies besides birds? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I recently bought Babydoll lambs and they are so much fun.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I recently “retired” after working in the laboratory for 30 years. So I have become a full time farm wife. I am married to a very patient man that puts up with my critter addiction, we are coming up on our 33 wedding anniversary and we have a 21 year old son. In addition to the chickens, we have cattle, goats, sheep, quail, guineas, and 4 dogs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was a member (I think) about 10-12 years ago. Every time I google a chicken question this site pops up, so I decided to jump back in.

Back
Top Bottom