Kandifarms

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2020
Louisiana
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have been loving my chickens for just over a year now!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
our current count is up to 29 with 3 in the process of hatching, and 4 more eggs under some hens!!!

(3) What breeds do you have?
My 4 OGs are a Brown Leghorn, Ameraucana, Barred Plymouth Rock, and an Austra- White. All my girls have been mated by our neighbor's rooster who no-one knows what breed he is but he is quite pretty and all our little hatchlings from him, with a couple of exceptions, have iridescent feathers. We recently diversified our flock and got 6 little bantams ( a Sebright, a couple of Brahmas, and some Cochins) and then a few other full-size breeds ( more Brown leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, and two that we aren't sure but they are the biggest ones we have.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Playing with all of my chickens! They all know who I am and love when I come to hang out with them!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to cook ( was a chef for 7 years), play video games, or be outside with my hubby

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My lovely husband and I have been married for a year this October, I have a 4year old stepson. Both are as obsessed with our chickens as I am! We also have two border collies, a boxer-pitbull mix, two cats, and 3 chinchillas! I work from home.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Every time I have questions BYC pops up with the answers in google, its been about 6months now that I've known about BYC. I have questions id like to post about so I figured why not join!

Kandi, run for your life... "These people are crazy"!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom