Zookeepers-paradise

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2020
Hi, first off I love birds, any kind. But I’m in love with my back yard chickens. I’ve raised chickens for a very long time (20years). Including turkeys, ring neck pheasants, and some meat chickens, some rescue ducks & geese.
Things have changed over the years, but one thing hasn’t, my love for chickens. I have in my flock 23 grown birds, which include 2 roosters, one is a banny. 10 of those grown hen are also banny. Soon I will release 21 new birds they are 9 weeks old now, all hens. I’ve had them since day old chicks. They are being introduced to the older birds the past two days. With luck they will be altogether today. My new birds are mixed but these are the breeds; astrolops, buff Orpington, light bantam, Americanos, I’ve never had the orpingtons before, they are so friendly.😊 In my grown flock I’ve also got 3 slw. They are 5 months old now and beautiful. Aside from the chickens I’ve also raised goslings, and ducklings & guinea fowl. Which I have all three now.
Two bunnies, 5 cats and 4 real spoiled dogs.
Forgot to say I’ve also got three parrots, and tons of guppies.
3 grown children two are married and 2 grandkids. The grandkids live close by and they also now have chickens & bunnies😁. Spreading the love of birds.
I have 5 acres in a wooded area so there r predators, lost birds too😕. But I love it here.
I work odd hours at times I’m coming home in the dark. I don’t allow my birds to free range while I’m gone. There are fox, black bear, coyote, owl, bobcat, hawk & eagles now and then.
Well that’s about it, hello again, I think I’ll like it here with your group.

Back
Top Bottom