Nov 22, 2020
Hi all, new member here.

I use to have a variety of chickens when I was younger. Loved the different breeds, from the more fancy ones to the every day Isa browns. They have such individual personalities.

Now Out on a farm, I have gotten back into chickens and guinea fowls. We have had 3 dogs deceased with in 4 months, our oldest girl killed by a dugite but she made sure she took with her. So we got Guinea fowls for the snakes.

Currently have a mumma Silver lace hen, and 5, 4 weeks chicks plus the 10 guinea fowls, which are completely new to me. I find the guinea fowls absolutely hilarious.

we have kept them locked up for 2 weeks as recommend by the breeder. They are Now are some what free range.

The females are so chill while the males run around like a pack of pubescent males mucking around, they were even on the roof of the house at one stage. Happy to be out their cage and in the green grass.

My first question is more related to the guinea fowls.
We have 5 females and 5 males
All the males attack/peck the face of just one single female. (Not at once)
She seems to outcast her self aswell. I've caught and tagged her so I know who she is and her where abouts. I put her back with the others (she was out and about by her self) immediately one male attacked her, I caught her again and put her in the cage, then another male attacked her. It doesn't seems like they are trying to mate, it's just pure attack her face.

She hiding up in a tree now

any ideas?
are they trying to mate with her?
is she a outcast?
is she not welcome in the flock?

any forums on guinea fowls please let me know

thanks

Hi all, new member here.

I use to have a variety of chickens when I was younger. Loved the different breeds, from the more fancy ones to the every day Isa browns. They have such individual personalities.

Now Out on a farm, I have gotten back into chickens and guinea fowls. We have had 3 dogs deceased with in 4 months, our oldest girl killed by a dugite but she made sure she took with her. So we got Guinea fowls for the snakes.

Currently have a mumma Silver lace hen, and 5, 4 weeks chicks plus the 10 guinea fowls, which are completely new to me. I find the guinea fowls absolutely hilarious.

we have kept them locked up for 2 weeks as recommend by the breeder. They are Now are some what free range.

The females are so chill while the males run around like a pack of pubescent males mucking around, they were even on the roof of the house at one stage. Happy to be out their cage and in the green grass.

She seems to outcast her self aswell. I've caught and tagged her so I know who she is and her where abouts. I put her back with the others (she was out and about by her self) immediately one male attacked her, I caught her again and put her in the cage, then another male attacked her. It doesn't seems like they are trying to mate, it's just pure attack her face.

any ideas?
is she a outcast?

thanks
Welcome to Backyard chickens and are Guinea Fowls easy to look after? I have ducks,bantams and a goose. Been wandering about Guinea Fowl? Good luck with them all!

Welcome to Backyard chickens and are Guinea Fowls easy to look after? I have ducks,bantams and a goose. Been wandering about Guinea Fowl? Good luck with them all!
I don't think their are far different from chickens. They are very very noisy. Funny to watch. Stink a little 😂. They get along with chickens, good for bugs and snakes. I've read that U can only have 1 male in a flock, but mine get on fine, they chase each, puff their feathers up etc but have determined who the alpha is in a non aggressive manner.

Hi all, new member here.

any ideas?
is she a outcast?

thanks

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 3

Back