Dodad

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I've had chickens before a couple of times, but now have adopted 2 pekins, and now have 3 of their babies, and momma has 21 more eggs in her nest.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 hens, 3 chicks, and 8 incubating eggs

(3) What breeds do you have?
I haven't focused on breed, just variety of color eggs. Not much variety now...but I have Easter Eggers incubating (and two mystery duck eggs given to me (not from my pekins)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Eggs :) The chickens and greet me more than my cats and dog!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I sew, and have been slowly moving my kitchen over the last four years to another part of my home. I have new countertops to go, then finally done!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married 35 yrs, 3 grown kids, and have been teaching 3-5 year Olds for 16 yrs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? A coworker recommended this site. I have reference problem issues from time to time, and am currently dealing with a duckling that wants to walk like a penguin after splay leg...trying brwers yeast and petflex body wrapping tape at this time to get leg position right.

Back
Top Bottom