New member!

Jun 10, 2021
Hey! I'm new to this forum but not new to chickens. However, I joined to hopefully get ideas, learn more, and maybe even be able to share my experiences to help someone else out too! I grew up with chickens and now have my own flock. We had 6 chickens and 2 guineas. We have 8.5 acres so not very many neighbors but the one we did have across the street was an older lady who was moving and her dogs got out and got all but three of my girls while we were at work. (They free range in day and have a coop at night unless it's gonna storm bad then I leave them locked up to roam in their run. Well after that I had to rebuild my flock. I now have 12...2 guineas (1-pearl and 1-pied), 2 ducks (Rouen and Cayuga), 8 chickens (Rhode island red, silky bantam, and Ameraucana (these three were the ones left from original flock) then my new ones are a blue ameraucana, french black copper maran, black laced red wyandotte, barnevelder, and a barred rock rooster. I love my girls and boy lol. My silky was broody so we got a fertile egg for her to hatch and she did but it ended up being deformed...it's only got one leg. So my mama added her to her flock bc she has a much smaller flock so we thought she would do better there. So far she is doing great! After my long introduction...Hope everyone has a great weekend! 😁

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Nice introduction, I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs You keep some very nice breeds! If you have photos, we would love to see! :)

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!
C5DD9CEC-1C46-4D3E-89D1-5845FC0FFA82.png

Not the greatest pic but the easiest way to get them is to give them food and take one pic 😂

Welcome to BYC ! Sorry for your loss , do the neighbor lady's dogs free range ?
No she had an underground fence for them but when she was moving she was keeping them in an outside kennel during day and inside at night and they got loose and ran off when she was taking them from house to kennel or vice versa..not sure which. She has moved now so hopefully we won't have to worry about it amymore 🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom