Hi my names rae
I have 20 chicken
I live in the city and free range
There all for eggs
And im hoping to find help on how to treat them right if they get sick or hurt
Hello Rae, and welcome to the BYC community!

How do you manage to free range your chickens in a city neighbourhood? I am intrigued to know your tricks!

And please, post some pictures of your chickens, we love to get to know them.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! This is a great place to hang out & learn!
:thumbsup

Hello Rae, and welcome to the BYC community!

How do you manage to free range your chickens in a city neighbourhood? I am intrigued to know your tricks!

And please, post some pictures of your chickens, we love to get to know them.
Of course at first i had them in a trampoline with out the stretch part on top i wraped it in chicken wire and my man maked a house wasnt permited till we finish there coop every now in then we would move it so they had grass and after 3 weeks we would lift the coop up and rest it on a chair. They loved it now i have the trampoline torn down and side ways im still in a working prosses on the sleeping area but by 5 o clock they go inside on there own and sleep. They never leave my back yard and my niebhors love them they never get annoyed and i do share the eggs sence its too much for me to eat but ill show you picks of how it was to how it is now.I do put that tarp over on it when it rains to keep them dry its not fully complete when im redrawing out where i want the wires i want the mesh still but so it doesn't slope but i want it breathable for them. And it has anough space to run around and for me to stand and sit in if i want but the back and front has chicken fencing so i roll up the front in the morning for them but im going to turn the front into a doorfor me and a small door for them. And when. I do move it fits threw my gate perfect and on to my trailor perfect too.
20210815_182144_HDR.jpg
20210815_182048_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-131645_(1)~2.png
20210718_190018~2.jpg
20210906_181852.jpg

Last edited:
I am still in a lot a pain hunching over like and old lady but once i take my meds i feel ways better. Gives me enough energy to see my chickens and take there eggs.
Oh dear, wishing you a swift recovery! :hugs

Thank you very much for your description and all these pictures of your set up and your beautiful chickens. What a clever use of an old trampolin! 👍
You seem to have your chickens well trained to not venture over to the neighbouring gardens.

Back
Top Bottom