Pics
I am going to try stock tank heater as well this year as last year with bitter cold spell ice split my whole side out of bucket with gutter imbedded in ice! That was a mess! I have a recirculating pump and aquarium heater on water line inside of coop. It works great. But it's a small set up cause I have a storage area sectioned off with chicken wire and that is where my heatable water jug is kept away from hens. We then made a pvc loop from bucket back to it with horizontal nipples in it. It provides them warm water in winter about 68 degrees . It was nice with cold snap I even put my hands in it out of gloves when it got so bitter last year. We did have to JB weld nipples to keep from leaking occasionally. That's been a trial and error also but I can't keep losing buckets every year do I will try stock tank heater for plastic this year.
I have done the stock tank heater in both Missouri and Iowa weather and it worked well. Sometimes you have to break some ice on to of the tank but it keeps the waterline exit clear

Another question for everyone. I'm a woodworker and I happen to have a lot of wood shavings. I am attaching a picture of the shavings. My question is would these shaving be appropriate to use for bedding. Some of them are small. Actually most of the shavings are small. I was concerned that maybe they are to fine. Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions!

Attachments

• 20210824_153318.jpg
    20210824_153318.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210824_153323.jpg
    20210824_153323.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 2
Another question for everyone. I'm a woodworker and I happen to have a lot of wood shavings. I am attaching a picture of the shavings. My question is would these shaving be appropriate to use for bedding. Some of them are small. Actually most of the shavings are small. I was concerned that maybe they are to fine. Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions!
I would have to agree with being to fine also, I can't imagine the fine dust would be very healthy for them to breath either. If it was all hard wood shavings I would use it for smoking meat etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom