Glad to meet you, and welcome to BYC. What a good idea to get some learning first before the chickens!

You can certainly browse in Articles and Forums. But I find it more useful to look for articles on a particular subject.

Use the SEARCH button to put in your term(s), and then look for ARTICLES at the top of the results. Sometimes all that comes up is actually a bunch of posts, but most times, you will also be able to find articles, which are more focued on the topic.

I noticed that most articles have been written by members of BYC, and also reviewed by fellow members. As a fellow newbie, I have found the reviews to be helpful in selecting best articles when there are lots on a topic. Not only that, but often, members will include extra comments or tips that are icing on the cake.

If you find articles you want to keep referring to, you can Bookmark them. Here are a few of the ones I keep referring to:

Intro to chicken keeping 1 and 2
Ventilation (which also has really helpful links to several different coop designs organized by climate (because the coop that's great for my New England hens would be terrible for my brother's Arizona hens). The Articles link takes you to even more coops, but not all have the complete designs or directions. These do.
Protection from predators
Herbs, Flowers & Weeds for Chickens

Best wishes with your plans and your move! Let us know how it all goes. Join conversations and ask questions on the forums, some of which are just for hanging out.

Back
Top Bottom