Welcome to BYC and the best of luck with your chicken journey!
:wee

Hello everyone!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband and I got our first chickens around the beginning of this year, raised a few chicks into laying hens. He has some experience with farm animals like chickens, I'm a little more new.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 3 laying hens, 1 rooster, and 2 pullets.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Blue Australorp (Hens), Black Australorp (Rooster), Red Producer (Pullet), and a Barred Rock (Pullet).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy watching them interact and scavenge for food. I also appreciate how pretty some breeds are. And of course the eggs are great too!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Art, reading, writing, scary movies, baking+cooking, fishing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Right now my husband and I are living with our cats, our pet pig, and our flock (which has the chickens, a duck, a goose and some goslings). We're hoping to expand our flock over time and eventually move to a property where we can have more animals and a barn! We live kind of in the middle of nowhere, but we think it's nice. :)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I actually found BYC when I was googling some chicken related questions, and these forums looked so helpful and interesting that I decided to join. I would say it's been about a week since I found the site, but I've already had so many questions answered here that I was wondering about!
Welcome to BYC!! :)

Back
Top Bottom