MidMountainFarm

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2023
New to BYC and raising chickens. We're in the planning phase.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens, planning to start our free range broiler flock this spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Zero, but planning on 30-50 this spring/summer.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We are planning on Freedom Rangers and Kosher Kings for our first go.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We're interested both in raising our own meat, as well as de-vegetating areas of our land prior to planting crops.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We live on a small farm, so that's most of our hobby time, in addition to working full-time off-farm. Woodworking, cycling, canoeing, gardening, foraging, mushroom growing, beekeeping, food preservation and processing, home brewing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My partners and I have a rescue dog. Our full-time gigs are in consulting and budget management. We're hoping to transition away from desk jobs eventually to be on the farm more.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

It came up in google searches as we were researching keeping chickens. As we're taking the plunge it seemed best to sign up to be able to engage more, as I'm sure we'll have tons of questions!

Back
Top Bottom