His comb got frostbite so in this pic it doesn't look too good, however it has healed with a few scabs here and there.
Roosters can be prone to frostbite with their big combs. Make sure to add lots of vents in the eaves if the coop to remove all moisture. He looks great!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You have definitely come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Quinn is a handsome boy!! 😍 Love Bantams!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything along the way, be sure to ask. Welcome aboard!
Quinn has a big personality for such a tiny boy, I love it though, always trying to sit on me hehehe. His brother Harley is also big in personality and such the ladies man.

Roosters can be prone to frostbite with their big combs. Make sure to add lots of vents in the eaves if the coop to remove all moisture. He looks great!
I do have vents on the coop but it was the outside exposure that caused it, the day I took the picture was way below freezing, had to bring him and two other bantams inside, Yeti the silkie hen and his brother Harley. I found that petroleum jelly works wonders on frostbite, it is such a great tool for chicken first aid.

Quinn has a big personality for such a tiny boy, I love it though, always trying to sit on me hehehe. His brother Harley is also big in personality and such the ladies man.
Bantams have no idea they are tiny, they really think they are monster giants. :lol: Sweet birds though!

I do have vents on the coop but it was the outside exposure that caused it, the day I took the picture was way below freezing, had to bring him and two other bantams inside, Yeti the silkie hen and his brother Harley.
You are taking wonderful care of your birds! :)

Don't you just love snuggly chickens? :D 💗
Yep, I even have a few hens that will shove themselves into me for nighttime hugs, Caramel is by far the most huggable one, also shoving her head deeper into the groove of my neck till she is almost in my shirt. :lol: Not the only hen that has crawled into my shirt and probably not the last :)

Back
Top Bottom