I have just really started to get into hatching my own chicks but have had good luck with broody hens. I have 13 large hens( EE, Amberlink, golden Wyandotte, jersey giant, Brahma,Maran and a white leg horn) I have 2 EE roosters who are very friendly and very close to each other. I also have 5 Old English bantams, a booted Bantam hen and 7 old English/booted Bantam mix. The bantys are great for egg incubation and are presently sitting on 5 eggs from my large birds. I also incubated a mix of eggs and have 12 4 week old chicks and 6 5day old chicks along with 4 ISA brown chicks.
I have just really started to get into hatching my own chicks but have had good luck with broody hens. I have 13 large hens( EE, Amberlink, golden Wyandotte, jersey giant, Brahma,Maran and a white leg horn) I have 2 EE roosters who are very friendly and very close to each other. I also have 5 Old English bantams, a booted Bantam hen and 7 old English/booted Bantam mix. The bantys are great for egg incubation and are presently sitting on 5 eggs from my large birds. I also incubated a mix of eggs and have 12 4 week old chicks and 6 5day old chicks along with 4 ISA brown chicks.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom