Thank you!! I have 0 predators luckily i live in an area where everyone has 1/2 acre lots. Domestic pets and farm animals for the most part.
I have to be honest I don’t think it’s possible to have zero unless you live under some sort of dome like the EPA dome in the Simpsons movie… Predators travel… predators migrate… some predators fly … they could show up unexpected. ((Edit to add: AND neighbors dogs have killed many a chicken))

Last edited:
Hi all, im a new member, just joined. I have had a few chickens in the past and decided to build another coop and start again. I have 11 hens and 2 roosters that were all raised together and were given to me. I also have 12 , 1 week old chicks. Which i plan on introducing to the flock in a few months. I built a roosting box in the partially covered 10’x20’ run. Then expanded the roost to accommodate the new arrivals (when they’re ready). Also added an above ground tunnel from the run over to a 10’x16’ herb garden that they roam freely.
Welcome to BYC!!

I have to be honest I don’t think it’s possible to have zero unless you live under some sort of dome like the EPA dome in the Simpsons movie… Predators travel… predators migrate… some predators fly … they could show up unexpected. ((Edit to add: AND neighbors dogs have killed many a chicken))
I agree. There is no place that does not have predators that like to eat chickens.

Back
Top Bottom