Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by redroosterranch, Jul 22, 2010.

1. redroosterranch

redroosterranch New Egg

Jul 22, 2010
    I purchased my 8 baby chicks in March of 2010 on a plea from my grandchildren, who knew I would grow so attached. I am not sure of all that I have. Iwent to the feed store looked in the box and said give me 2 of each. I really hope I have all hens.
    My husband built me a very cute coop and a nice run with expanded metal to hinder all preditors. My lab loves the birds and likes to lay in the door way and let them run over her.
    I hope to be successfull in raising and gathering eggs. Not so much into hatching. [​IMG]

Any ideas on how many more weeks, I purchased 2 week olds in the beginning of March.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

First, let me congratulate you on your new babies! [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! They will start to lay around 18 to 20 weeks of age. Did you ask at the feed store if they were females, or if they were straight run? That way you would have a better idea as to what you have. And yes, they are soooo addictive, as you are finding out, lol! Enjoy them!! [​IMG]

3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]

4. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] From Oregon! [​IMG] [​IMG] Enjoy the journey!

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] if you just happened to get all girls from a random pick, I need you to send me some lottery numbers! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

welcome

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    They are so much fun to watch. I just love mine!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by