stormlily

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 19, 2010
Paraiso Costa Rica
Hi
My Name is Luisa and I am a Canadian living in Costa Rica. My husband and I have an acre property in the mountains and about 2 months ago bought 6 baby chicks. I have only basic Spanish and had no idea how to get the breed or sex I wanted. I asked a local farmer to help me find some hens but he took me to a pet store where there was about 30 babies in a box and the girl working there knew nothing about them so I just grabbed 6 and hoped for the best. I did not know the breed sex or age of these chicks but now I think they are about two and a half months old and it could be that they are all roosters. I sure hope not cause I love these guys but if they are all roos I can't keep them all. The greatest thing is that my 15 year old border collie aussie shepard cross has a new lease on life. He puts the chickens back in their house in the late afternoon every day and is so happy to have a job and he is really good at it.
I look forward to talking to other chicken owners who share in this amazing experience
Luisa

Welcome.

I wish I lived in the mountains of Costa Rica.

I'll bet they are beautiful.

I hope you can post some pictures of your property and your coops.

I will post some pics tomorrow. They are so sweet.. who knew you could fall in love with chickens
Luisa
p.s. thanks for the reply and welcome

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, Luisa. I'm sure there will be someone on here that can help figure out what breed and gender your chicks are. Looking forward to your pictures!
smile.png

Last edited:
I am not sure about how to post pics. Today I spent a lot of time with my chickens. They really love me and it is mutual If they are roos I don't know if I can eat them but since I love eating chicken somehow I think it is better to eat my own than to buy ones that have not had a good life. Still it is hard. I didn't expect to like them so much
Luisa

Back
Top Bottom