New member!

Jakrzz

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 3, 2012
Hi there! I'm a father of 4 Rhode Island reds, 3 white leghorns, 2 brown leghorns, a white+brown leghorn mix, a salmon favoralle, and a black polish mix! I have raised them since chicks and all have started to lay except the favoralle, which I believe is coming to be infertile because she is about a month older than the rest and she still hasn't laid eggs. :rolleyes: I used too have two brown leghorn Roos but we gave them away for free. I shave always look at BYC's theeeen for info and help with my chickens for EVERYTHING! So I figured it was time to make an account:p

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Some pullets just take longer to mature. In addition, some pullets that mature in the fall, when the days are getting shorter, will not lay until the following year.

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!

Thank you! And I live up in New Hampshire. Winter is upon us up here (my first winter with the chickens) we've prepped everything from lighting to homemade water heaters and wrapping up the whole run! We've already started to get snow but my hens are still laying! We get about 74 a week or so and sell the eggs to help pay for their feed. As for the salmon favoralle not laying yet, I hope your right :D

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. 1muttsfan is right, some take up to 30 weeks to lay and longer if cold weather has already set in. Good luck. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom