Hello to everyone ,
I am a new member and have been enjoying reading all the helpful information on chickens. I have 5 red sex link chickens that are about 2 months old. I also just purchased 3 baby Marans. I have a nice large coop and run for the Red sex link. The others are in a crate under red light. I heard about this site the day I got my 5 girls at the feed store. I'm really excited to have these chickens, they are so entertaining. Can't wait for them to start laying.
I am retired, and have several other hobbies, I love to knit. And I love to China Paint.
I also have a large rescue bull mastiff, she is my fur child.
Anyway glad to be a part of this community.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your Reds, they should be great layers for you, and congratulations on your new Marans chicks, bet you are looking forward to those dark eggs! Chickens are fun aren't they, call it Chicken Television when you just want to watch them all day.

good morning all, i'm doug and I guess I'm a chicken guy. Aurora Colorado just passed an ordinance for chickens. We have four and just finished our from scratch coop. Really enjoy this site too. Amazing what joy these critters bring.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Great that your city passed an ordinance allowing back yard chickens! That is a lovely little coop you built, good luck with your new girls!

I am just fascinated, and my husband thinks I have lost my mind. But he has been very supportive, got my coop built and got me a bucket with nipples for water. I will post some pictures when I get that figured out.
I have a friend that lives in Aurora, Ohio. She doesn't have chickens.
Each of my Red girls have a different personality. Some of them aren't totally feathered yet. What kind and how many chickens do you have?

Thanks for your pistol

Hey there in Colorado !!

Your coop looks great. What kind of chickens do you have? And how old are they? My Reds are about two months old (5) of those and (3) 1 week or so Marans. I am very excited about all of them and looking forward to the eggs.
I have learned a lot from this site, lots of good information and people from all over the word. Glad the young lady I ran into at the feed store told me about it.
Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom