edgechickens

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 21, 2014
Hi Everyone.

Had chickens growing up and recently started a small farm. Have French Copper Marans, Ameruacanas and Easter Eggers all under a year. Looking forward to learning all the secrets of raising chickens :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This IS the place to be when you own poultry!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, that is what we are here for.

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some colorful layers there. I love the chocolate eggs of the Marans, and the Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She love the different colored eggs that they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I have three Easter Eggers as well and six Ameraucana's. Mine should be laying anytime is September. Very excited to see what color the eggs turn out to be!

I have three Easter Eggers as well and six Ameraucana's. Mine should be laying anytime is September. Very excited to see what color the eggs turn out to be!

The Ameraucanas (assuming they are pure and not EEs) will all lay blue eggs. The Easter Eggers most likely will lay some shade of green, but you could get a beige egg, or possibly a pale pink (my granddaughter's favorite egg color) or gold egg.

Back
Top Bottom