dalaitom

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 21, 2014
East Texas
Hello from East Texas.

This is a great site and I'm happy to be a member here!

My family always had chickens when I was a child, along with a couple of ducks and turkeys and a small flock of pigeons.

I'm now giving it a go with Guineas, mostly due to snakes, ticks, scorpions and more that are found in abundance in my area. I have 2 adult Guineas and 3 juveniles (4 months). I really enjoy them except when I find them "free ranging" in the middle of the county road about a quarter mile from my house. I've also had to rescue one of the juveniles that was being attacked by a Red Tail Hawk. Luckily I was there to see it happen and to prevent any losses.

I hope to eventually be a valued contributor here. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to BYC! This is my first year raising guineas (for tick and garden bug control) and I kept them in the coop with my chickens so they know where home is. We let them out into the run in the morning and they fly over the fence and free range during the day, then fly back over and go into the coop to roost! This has worked well for us, good luck!

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. Sounds like you have some very inquisitive guineas to be free ranging quarter mile from home. I don't have any myself but we have a couple down at the yard where I keep my horse that free range and they get about quite a bit too!! Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly and informative. :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I don't keep Guineas, but I hear they can range pretty far. Get up into the trees as well. Definitely stop by our Guinea section for some Guinea talk too.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Where are you from in east Texas? My wife and I both grew up in east Texas. I'm chicken person and don't know much about guineas (never had any), but definitely stop by our guinea section and take advantage of our turkey experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your guineas.

I'm near Quinlan. Been here since the first of the year.
I lived in the Fort Worth/Dallas area most of my life.

It's a small world. You're very close to where my wife and I grew up (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). Even though our mailing address was Greenville, our home was out in the country near Cash. My wife and I have been to Quinlan many times.

Back
Top Bottom