Kc2625

Hatching
May 10, 2015
Having chickens is a new thing for our family. We purchased 6 Americana Easter eggers and 6 golden sexlinks. After having them 3 weeks we decided to get 12 Buff Orpingtons for meat. Big mistake! I love my buff! Won't eat them! They are the best chickens ever! My chickens are 14 weeks and 11 weeks, we're keeping them all. We have added 15 meat chickens that will be processed in 5 weeksand we have not gotten close to them. Yesterday we purchased 4 Guinnea hens. Hoping they will help alert out chickens to danger. When can I add them to my flock?
This site has given us some very valuable information! One of our chickens went lame. I looked on this site and knew exactly what to do.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I'm glad you were able to successfully treat your lame chicken. :eek:) Buff Orpingtons are a wonderful breed. I've raised them for years (still have some in my flock), and they are beautiful, hardy, friendly and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Golden Sex Link is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those six girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Welcome to BYC!

You've already been bit by chicken math fever it seems, lol. Glad you are enjoying your birds. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Nice to have you join us!

Welcome to the flock, guineas are also great tick hunters - they love 'em
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom