New Members

bhumphrey60

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 11, 2014
Near Eaton, Ohio
Hello,

We are Candy and Bill. We live near Eaton Ohio in the USA. We love our chickens and we are looking forward to all the knowledge that you can impart on us about them. We already love this site and appreciate all who contribute to it.
We only have five hens and one rooster at this time, but we plan to increase our flock soon. We have a Black Breasted Red Leghorn rooster, one Leghorn hen, and four Red Sex Link hens at this time. Any suggestions for breeds to expand to ? We prefer brown eggs.

Thank You,
Candy and Bill

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Oh definitely Black Australorps! I keep them and wow, so docile, friendly and great on the laying of large brown eggs! They are also very weather hardy as well. Buff Orpingtons are also GREAT to keep. Same as the Aussies....great layers, friendly and docile. Plymouth Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, EE's too. Lots of nice breeds out there.

Good luck in what ever breed you choose and welcome to our flock!

To TwoCrows :

I see you have named your chickens too ,,,

Ours are ,,,

LUCY ( from 'I Love Lucy' TV show)
ETHEL ( from 'I Love Lucy' TV show)
GINGER ( from 'Gilligan's Island' TV Show)
MARYANN ( from 'Gilligan's Island' TV Show)
PECK ( because she would peck at us when she was really young)
and
BOW the Rooster because he is a Black Breasted Red Leghorn and his feathers have just about every color of the rainbow.

Last edited:
To TwoCrows :

I see you have named your chickens too ,,,

Ours are ,,,

LUCY ( from 'I Love Lucy' TV show)
ETHEL ( from 'I Love Lucy' TV show)
GINGER ( from 'Gilligan's Island' TV Show)
MARYANN ( from 'Gilligan's Island' TV Show)
PECK ( because she would peck at us when she was really young)
and
BOW the Rooster because he is a Black Breasted Red Leghorn and his feathers have just about every color of the rainbow.
Ha! I named 2 of my Barred Rocks Lucy and Ethel too from the I Love Lucy show as well!!! LOL I gave Lucy her name because in the brooder this one particular chick had a VERY VERY loud mouth! She would scream and scream when I left the room. LOL And Lucille Ball had a very loud mouth on her show as well! In the brooder, Ethel was Lucy's side kick all the time. So I gave them those names. Fun to name your birds. You picked out some very cute names!! Love the names Ginger and Maryann! Gotta love those old shows from our past!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom