New memeber

nixon_family4

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

That's a loaded question! The hubs was raised with chickens, I was not, and we've had them for I'd say about a year now. They have very recently been turned over to me for all their care, so technically I've only had chickens for a month or so while he is away on business.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We've got 6 layers, and a bunch of not so bitty biddies running around about 3 months old or so.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island Reds

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Googled chicken skin conditions and chicken tractors.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to make soap, cheese, and yogurt. I home school my oldest child, and will do so again for the youngest. We read alot, and tinker with the things around the house to make them run better.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a husband, 2 kids, 4 goats (2 of which are dairy, 1 is a free loader, and one is a 1 year old buck), a ton of chickens, and a garden that I finally didn't kill this year! I'm dying to try square foot gardening next year and we are going to make a drip system with some pvc pipe and give that a whirl.

welcome-byc.gif
from middle Tennessee you are going to love this site
smile.png

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. You're not alone, I have a black thumb, too, but I love gardening. Thankfully, I'm having good luck with the citrus trees we planted this year
big_smile.png
Good luck with the chickens
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom