New Minnesota Member

NikonD2xer

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Southern Minnesota
A little over month ago, i was visiting my favorite and only nephew. I left to run a few errands while he was down for a nap. One of my stops was TSC for treats for my 70lb chocolate lab lap dog. She is 90% nose with the remainder being made up of body, legs, and brains, percentages decrease rapidly with that list.
smile.png

It happened to be chick days and i figured i would get a surprise for when my buddy woke up from his nap. One chick for one dollar......I can do that. NO I CAN'T, sign said 6 chicks.
OK no problem. Well before i left i have bedding, food, and six larger nondescript chicks.

You should have heard the squeal when he opened the box. One very excited and happy little boy. We had 6 chicks running around my sisters kitchen floor. Well running was not the only thing they were doing. I think she has maybe forgiven me by now. We had a blast watching them, holding, petting feeding and watering them.

By the end of the night he was picking them up ever so gently and holding them.

After i scrubbed and disinfected the floor and my nephew it was time for me to head for home. I was told coat on, boots on, zip up, and BYE in about that quick. Someone was trying to distract me from remembering to take the chicks.

I had some explaining to do. It was decided that the chicks were going to live with grandpa and grandma's house. After 2 rounds of hugs and kisses goodbye to the chicks off i went with 6 chicks and 45 miles to figure out what i was going to do with them.

My brother always wanted chickens so I gave him a call. I was informed the BOSS said no way.

I ended up not being able to find them a home so I decided to keep them. Now all i needed to do was learn what i was getting myself into.

While doing research i found BYC thank goodness. I have been lurking ever since and have enjoyed it so much i decided to join in.

Chickens are contagious....so thank you all for passing the fever on to me.
I now have 26 Cornish Cross as of a week ago

The only problem i have is I am hearing voices.....faint whispers about heritage breeds.
I was going to ask if there was a cure for this illness i contracted but i have read enough on here to know just about everyone has the same thing.

I look forward to reading a lot more posts and hopefully getting to know some of you.

I just hope i don't get that dreaded BATOR fever i have been reading about lately at least not too soon anyways.
wink.png

Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC - great story & cute pic
jumpy.gif
Glad your enjoying the crazy world of chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom