New Momma to 17 Chickens

rcravey

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
Central Texas
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, new to chickens. We got our chicks in July. We previously rescued Jack Russell's so couldn't have chickens.

How many chickens do you have right now?

What breeds do you have?
I'm not certain what breed they all are but I know I have an Orpington (maybe 2), Plymoth Rock's (3), Ameraucana (2) and most likely some Easter Eggers because I'm getting blue and green eggs. I'm curious to find out the breed for all of them.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are so darn cute! And so entertaining and lovable. Also, really loving the eggs now as well.

What are some of your other hobbies?
Scrapbooking, quilting, crocheting, bird watching, baking, cooking, reading.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We currently only have one dog, which is unusual for us. His name is Harrison and he is a 3 legged Jack Russell mix who stays away from the chickens. I live alone with my husband. We have four daughters who are all grown and married. We just had our first Grandbaby! I have an Accounting degree and am self-employed in the Healthcare field.

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC when searching for info on chickens. I have been reading the forum and articles off and on since we got our chickens in July. I would love to post photos of my girls and guy and see if someone can identify them for me. I've researched and tried but I'm too much of a newbie to get it right.

I look forward to being part of this great community.

Rhonda

Back
Top Bottom