New Mommy here :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cajun-Chick, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Hello everyone! [​IMG]I just wanted to introduce myself to the BYC family and say thank you for all the great and helpful info that is on here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I am not really new to chickens in general, my dad raises chickens, but I am new to being a chicken mommy. I have to say, I didn't know that I could love a chicken(s) as much as I do. There is just something about them that completely melts my heart [​IMG]. I bought my first chick on mother's day(coincidence? I think not [​IMG]) He turned out to be a Bantam Barred Rock rooster named Oreo.
    [​IMG]
    He is my lil' man. I love this chicken so much. Although, he doesn't seem to like anyone else. I think he considers me his "hen", lol. He greets me on the front steps when I get home from work and announces my arrival by crowing. If I go in the house without petting him, he will stand at the door, look inside, and crow nonstop until I go out there and give him some lovin'. ROTTEN is what he is!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Right now I have 13 chickens total (I just bought 10 chicks last week).

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I have 3 Barred Rock, 6 silkies, and 4 sizzles.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I discovered you BYC when I noticed that my 10 new chicks(silkies and sizzles) started sneezing, with a clear discharge, on Sunday. I used Google to try to find some answers and BYC came up. After looking around the website, I knew that I needed to join because of all the information and help that is on here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I love to be outdoors. Working in the yard, camping, hunting, fishing, siting by a fire, reading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was lucky enough to marry my best friend. He is wonderful and supports me 100% on everything I do. I also have 2 beautiful daughters (15 and 11) who keep me pretty busy. We have 3 inside dogs. A pit bull, Yorkie, and Yorkie-apso.
    I am a registered dental assistant and I LOVE my job. I was born and raised in Louisiana, yes, I am a Cajun :). We moved to the Texas Hill Country 2 years ago and love it here but I do miss Louisiana.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think that about sums it up. [/FONT][​IMG]

Monique

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    [​IMG] Your rooster sounds hilarious! How cute!

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

Your little rooster is very cute.

4. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Cajun-Chick, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! I love the passion you have for your chickens! Lots of folks like that on BYC so you'll fit right in! Best of luck to you!!

7. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello and welcome to BYC from Kentucky.

[​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by