New Nesting Boxes

So here's a picture of the ledge that comes up from the ramp I made. They have no problems getting in the box they just won't lay there. There's a picture of the random egg she dropped in the run while I was at Costco. They always only eat from that small container? I don't get it. There's 4 of them why won't they eat from the other bucket?

A picture of the dummy easter eggs I put in the boxes that they've tossed out. Their nesting board, which is roughly the same size as the old roosting board they all roosted on. They complain quite a bit when I kick them out of the nesting boxes and force them to the roosting board, but once they're situated they sleep all together at night. I can take one of the nesting boxes out I don't mind. I just need suggestions on what to do! I want this to work and for them to be ok with the change.

Attachments

• IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2883.JPG
    IMG_2883.JPG
    791.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    690.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 10
I have had my dome almost 4 years have 21 birds in it may look at a new coop for them was going to this year but now looking at next year

I have had my dome almost 4 years have 21 birds in it may look at a new coop for them was going to this year but now looking at next year

I wanted a garden and for them not to eat everything. So I forced myself to build them something new. I don't have much land so it's just the 4 girls. And they're plenty for us. I just want them to be ok with the change. And for them to be happy. And I want the eggs.

and it is probably big enough for 4 I have a chicken tractor I put 4 silky in as nothing can get them it is a little fort knox like their coop is, I made a few changes after I got but it was free also bought 3 sheet corrugated metal 2 x 8 for top and side we get so much rain and I can remove them easily but covered it top to bottom with Hardware cloth

Attachments

• Silkie in the tractor 003.jpg
    Silkie in the tractor 003.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 5
I'm not really a fan of climbing in with all the poop, but once I can get them I'm definitely taking them out!

Turns out it was time, they needed time. After being cooped all night and most of the day, I found 3 eggs in the nesting boxes and the 4th one this evening. And I awoke to snow this morning, so I'm assuming it was weather too. I had one chicken who held it for a week, waiting for warmer temperatures! So it was in fact time this round! Yay! I worried for nothing!

I'm not really a fan of climbing in with all the poop, but once I can get them I'm definitely taking them out!

Turns out it was time, they needed time. After being cooped all night and most of the day, I found 3 eggs in the nesting boxes and the 4th one this evening. And I awoke to snow this morning, so I'm assuming it was weather too. I had one chicken who held it for a week, waiting for warmer temperatures! So it was in fact time this round! Yay! I worried for nothing!

our snow was gone by noon

I think ours was too. We went to Mt Hood today! But I know that week or 2 we had snow every other day? Our chickens wouldn't lay, and our Easter Egger decided she wouldn't lay at all and held it until temperatures went back to above 40 degrees steadily.

nope girls still layed after the solstice I was getting like 3 max until then now between 12 and 17

Back
Top Bottom