New Nutrena Feeds Look Familiar

TalkALittle

Songster
7 Years
Dec 15, 2014
Massachusetts
While at the Poultry Congress today, I stopped by the Nutrena booth and the rep was talking up two new feeds. The first was (NatureWise) Hearty Hen 18% and the other was (Country Feeds) Egg Producer 21%.

I seem to recall that Agway had 2 feeds by the same names. Upon investigation I found this:
http://www.agwayfeeds.com/agway/en/index.jsp

I can't find anything on the Nutrena site about the new feeds yet. I did pick up the literature on both but my phone won't let me upload pics for some reason.

Looks like the biggest selling feature of the Hearty Hen is that it's soy-free. Egg Producer claim is that it "supports the needs of layers when fed in conjunction with a free-range diet".

I moved away from Nutrena looking for a higher protein layer. These might make me reconsider going back.

While at the Poultry Congress today, I stopped by the Nutrena booth and the rep was talking up two new feeds. The first was (NatureWise) Hearty Hen 18% and the other was (Country Feeds) Egg Producer 21%.

I seem to recall that Agway had 2 feeds by the same names. Upon investigation I found this:
http://www.agwayfeeds.com/agway/en/index.jsp

I can't find anything on the Nutrena site about the new feeds yet. I did pick up the literature on both but my phone won't let me upload pics for some reason.

Looks like the biggest selling feature of the Hearty Hen is that it's soy-free. Egg Producer claim is that it "supports the needs of layers when fed in conjunction with a free-range diet".

I moved away from Nutrena looking for a higher protein layer. These might make me reconsider going back.

It's because there "owned" by the same company.
Cargill owns them both just like the own Paymaster, Showmaster, ACCO, Superior Feed Ingredients etc.

It's because there "owned" by the same company.
Cargill owns them both just like the own Paymaster, Showmaster, ACCO, Superior Feed Ingredients etc.

Figured it was something like that. If they didn't already own them then they probably bought them out.

Had never really considered the Agway feeds-nearest store is three times the distance of my feed store. Providing the formulas don't change, how do they rate?

Last edited:
It shows Agway's Egg producer as discontinued & recommends Nutrena Egg producer. The hearty Hen doesn't say it's been discontinued. Chris is right, unfortunately Agway has been owned by Cargill for awhile.

I called agway/cargill about this since I feed my pullets the agway chick starter/grower and was planning on transitioning them to the hearty hen feed since it has a higher protein content. They told me many of the agway feeds (hearty hen, chick starter/grower) will continue to be the same feed but with the new label.

I have had good luck with the chick starter grower from agway so far (my pullets are ~25-28 weeks now and a few have started laying some delicious eggs).

I just heard about Nutrena's Hearty Hen but I can't find a price on it anywhere. I guess I can ask the feed store that told me about it. I'm thinking though that since we're going to be raising both layers and broilers I'm gonna try New Country Organics. They have soy free everything and a pretty informative site. Is anyone familiar with New Country Organics?

I just heard about Nutrena's Hearty Hen but I can't find a price on it anywhere. I guess I can ask the feed store that told me about it. I'm thinking though that since we're going to be raising both layers and broilers I'm gonna try New Country Organics. They have soy free everything and a pretty informative site. Is anyone familiar with New Country Organics?

I have been on Nutrena's Hearty hen for a couple months now. Hens love the pellets and seem to be doing very well on them. I am in NE Ohio and can buy them at Rural King for 14.99 / 40 # bag. Best deal I could find on soy free feed. Believe that Rural King will ship items.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom