New Pair.

Chickmama74

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Virginia
Yesterday my family and I went to the poultry sale....always a dangerous place for me. I always wind up getting someone new. Well yesterday was no exception. I swear I was not going to get any new family members.......ha ha!!! We were just there to look. (Yeah right!) Well.........I saw a pair of Silver Laced Wyandotte's Banties........I lost control and I just had to have them. So I asked the guy how the rooster's temperament was and he said that he was a calm rooster then I asked how much. He said 20 dollars for the pair. I don't know if that was a good price or not but I bought them. I brought them home and let them free range for the rest of the day. They seem to be doing very well and I am glad that I got them. I guess I have a chicken addiction. Haha! Now I have no more room in my coops so I guess I can't go to the poultry sale for at least a little while.

Here are the new additions to the family!

[/B][/IMG]

Not until your DH has built another coop......................
lau.gif
They are beautiful - I can understand totally that they were calling your name as you walked past the cage!

Well so far so good. They are doing great! The rooster has taken on all of the little hens we have as his own. They are really fun to watch especially when he gives the girls treats. He will peck something on the ground and call them over and they will take it right out of this beak. He will alert them then he sees or hears something. He will also take dirt baths with all of them. The only thing bad happened was a little tiff with the peacock. Good thing I was there to chase the peacock away. He is a lot bigger that the rooster and I did not want them to get hurt. Peacock just got a little so close. But all in all it's going great!

Yesterday my family and I went to the poultry sale
I always wind up getting someone new.
I swear I was not going to get any new family members...
....ha ha!!! We were just there to look. (Yeah right!) Well.........I saw a pair of *insert breed here*
........I lost control and I just had to have them.

This is the recipe for chicken math, all the ingredients are laid out perfectly.
lau.gif

I also have those blackout moments and next thing I know I wind up with something.

Last edited:
I just guess that I just can not resist something good when I see it. They were just to cute not to take them. I guess I have the CLUCK CLUCK FEVER! First you look, then you walk away.....then you walk back to look again. Then you think... Hummmmm. Do I have the room? You answer.... Yes I do. What's two more chicken mouths to feed. Then you ask, do I really need them? You tell yourself...Yes I do. I asked the guy selling them how much they were and he told me 20 Dollars for the pair. Saying to myself. That's not so bad for a full grown pair. Next thing I knew, the money went out of my hand into the guys hand and the next thing I knew...... I had a pair of chickens in my arms walking back to the truck. Haha. Good thing I had a create that I borrowed from a friend in the truck.

There's always enough room!
love.gif

Glad you are enjoying them. We have an "alternative livestock auction" coming up next month. I just know I'm going to get myself in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom