new peafowl

Quote:
I had one pip shell on Tuesday (day 26), and I had to go out of town. DD thought it had died.

Arrived back tonight (Friday) and checked it out. It was still alive (membrane bound) so helped it to hatch. The nice thing is it was meant to be IB but it looks white so I guess it is black shouldered. So happy it is OK.

2 out of three hatched. The 3rd has not even pipped so I candled it it still has fluid in it its always been a little slower then the rest. It less then when I candled last week. How long should I wait and can it develop that much slower? Also Thanks for all the help This is my first time with peafowl trying to learn all I can.

Quote:
I had one pip shell on Tuesday (day 26), and I had to go out of town. DD thought it had died.

Arrived back tonight (Friday) and checked it out. It was still alive (membrane bound) so helped it to hatch. The nice thing is it was meant to be IB but it looks white so I guess it is black shouldered. So happy it is OK.

Following up on that late chick, don't know if it was the cause of arrested hatching, or because it matured in the egg but this guy mow has pretty curled feet and tendons are very tight so I suspect the latter.
Anyways it is in shoes now so will wait and see.

I suppose these issues can be avoided to some extent if you don't help the chicks that are in trouble
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom