New pea's intro to one of the family members and our year old female pea.

Wolfmoonct

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2015
These peas were hatched out under a broody Cochin. All three hatched within a couple hours of each other. We believe two are black shoulder and one to be a cameo. This is their first time outside too.

Thanks. The peas spooked last Wednesday evening, and took off that night. They were not in their normal perching area, and Thursday morning, they were no were to be seen.. The female showed up Saturday morning, and the 2 males showed back up last night...

welcome-byc.gif
and Welcome to the Peafowl group! Hope you continue to have a wonderful time here! We're glad to have you join us!

Cute peachicks
love.gif
!! And I'm glad to hear all your peas returned safely!

I hope I'm in the right place, I have 5 eight week old peafowl, all have been doing great except one. She was weak when I got them so of course I babied her terribly! She was three days old, everyone else a week old. Technically the other 4 are 9 weeks old. She bounced back and had been great until yesterday. She is walking very unsteady, when she stops she falls backward, then flaps her wings to get upright again. Eating and drinking, just can't seem to walk correctly. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Hello @SweetPeas11 , welcome to definitely the right place!
(Although sometimes it is best to start your own thread to be sure your question gets noticed).

Sorry to hear about your peababy!
What kind of enclosure are your peababies living in? I wonder if she might have flown up and hit her head?
Is she pooping and otherwise healthy looking?

We just moved them outside in an enclosed run, about a week ago. 10x10, 8 foot high ceiling. It's a heavy duty tarp. Pooping fine, she never has flown much, prefers to walk. I'm just at a loss as what to do. I have her inside, in a large pen, that's where they were before going outside. Used recommended feed, vitamins and minerals, just at a loss. She's alert and doesn't act sick, just can't keep her balance.

We just moved them outside in an enclosed run, about a week ago. 10x10, 8 foot high ceiling. It's a heavy duty tarp. Pooping fine, she never has flown much, prefers to walk. I'm just at a loss as what to do. I have her inside, in a large pen, that's where they were before going outside. Used recommended feed, vitamins and minerals, just at a loss. She's alert and doesn't act sick, just can't keep her balance.
Please post some pictures of her poop as I suspect it's not normal.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom