New Peeps! <3

LaylaJane

Songster
Mar 7, 2023
Southern North Carolina
So ma decided I needed a couple new babies! (on top of the 19 in the incubator) I am now proud mama to a Black Spanish and a Bronze! I am so in love with turkeys!! Candling my chicks this evening, wish me luck!

Attachments

• BBs.jpg
    BBs.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 8
Is the Bronze a Heritage Bronze or Broad Breasted Bronze? Love the turkeys here myself they are so much more personable than other poultry.
Broad breasted bronze, she got them at tsc. tsc said they were heritage, but I'm not sure tbh. Our store doesn't have the most knowledgeable folks.... and I'm new enough to the diferent varieties I could only make an (un)educated guess...

Last edited:
on top of the 19 in the incubator
Candling my chicks this evening, wish me luck!
How long have your eggs been incubating? Good luck so much fun incubating. I have Quail eggs hatching today and just set 12 Duck eggs this morning. My Heritage turkeys just started laying yesterday so will be filling my incubators with those soon.

How long have your eggs been incubating? Good luck so much fun incubating. I have Quail eggs hatching today and just set 12 Duck eggs this morning. My Heritage turkeys just started laying yesterday so will be filling my incubators with those soon.
This will be day 8. I have buff orpingtons and black australorps as well as one bourbon red turkey. This is my first time, so I am hoping I am getting it right! It's petrifying and exciting all at the same time! Best of luck to you!!

Broad breasted bronze, she got them at tsc. tsc said they were heritage, but I'm not sure tbh. Our store doesn't have the most knowledgeable folks.... and I'm new enough to the diferent varieties I could only make an (un)educated guess...
They usually have Broad Breasted turkeys but since they were with the Black, they may both be Heritage.

Back
Top Bottom