New person -- chicken put me into hospital! lol

OlliOlliOlli

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Hi, my name is Laura and I am a transplant from NYC to Waco, TX. I have too many chickens and can't wait to give away/sell some of the ones that people have literally just given to me that I have not intentionally purchased. My dad is SLOWLY
sad.png
building me a coop in my backyard. We keep getting heavy flooding rains and the work is going slowly. They are all living in my large mudroom right now or "free ranging" my fenced-in area when the weather is good.

I have 6 baby 8 w/o Buff Orp pullets that a student gave me from her mom's job at the humane society. I intend on only keeping 2. The other 4 are going to a rescue ranch in the middle of nowhere nearby. I also have 6 ducks that someone just gave me after they got suckered into the 6 duck minimum at Tractor Supply. I will only be keeping 2 of those guys.

I also have a RI Red named Roadie Red and a Black Australorp named Elvira. I love them both so much. They're so soft and cuddly and sociable. I raised them from day-olds.
n548701984_1814802_7646830.jpg

I was introduced to the site by a member on here, Havi (hi Holly!) who I bought a large Araucana/Easter Egger hen from on Craig's List. I hope she doesn't mind but me and my other half named the hen "Holly" because we loved the name and she's such a girlie chicken. She lays the most delightful bright pink eggs in my laundry every night. LOL

n548701984_1814804_1236662.jpg

Holly (the hen) actually follows us around and sleeps on my chest at night. I just had her in my lap and she was clucking at me. She also put me in the hospital on Friday night, which is really funny! lol!

I was holding her the other night leaning against a wall and someone grabbed her to pick her up. She got startled and her wing hit me in the face. My head cracked into the wall and I went into a coma and had to be hospitalized. LOL

I'm actually on bed leave right now from the high school I teach at because sudden movements send me into a flurry of migraines and nausea. Thankfully my brain scans are all normal so the concussion should be gone soon!

They didn't believe me at first in the hospital when I said that a chicken hit me in the face. They thought I was possibly pregnant and/or my boyfriend was beating me. After they realized I was truly serious, they started calling me "chicken woman." LOL

I also have 4 dogs and 4 parrots.
smile.png

n548701984_1814715_2420267.jpg

n548701984_1197184_3813.jpg

Did I mention I can't wait for the coop to be finished!?!?!?! LOL

OK, time for another dose of painkillers
big_smile.png
Nice to meet everyone!!!!

Last edited:
That's pretty funny. I knew a woman who was knocked down by her dog and broke her neck. At the hospital they kept insisting she tell them her husband did it to her, offered her protection from him, etc. They must hear all sorts of stories....

I'm glad you're well and having a good laugh about it.
I cut my lip open a couple of years ago on some aluminum brake metal. I work in construction. My boyfriend, with whom I work, drove me to the ER. They were really sure he had done it to me. They kept eyeballing him and asking if I wanted to speak with someone alone, that it would be o.k. They can be quite pushy about abuse. Of course, I've had great fun teasing the BF over the last couple of years.

Hey Laura.
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Lol, no I dont mind the name. Im glad to hear she is doing great. I feel kinda bad now, one of my(former
wink.png
) chickens put someone in the hospital. Thats not a good thing. Glad to hear youre doing okay though. Good luck with the coop. Im starting to build mine too.

Back
Top Bottom