New Pics of Nugget, 12/15/08

He is stunning isn't he?

They all look very happy,

excellent to see them all and the big guy looking like overlord of all he surveys....lol.

Jena

Last edited:
He looks like the boss doesn't he? Blue is the top roo, but he only worries about his ladies and doesn't care about the rest of the flock. They don't have a leader, but I think Nugget might try out for the position.

lol.. he is magnificent,

and so tall...my God...

Your stories of his antics just make him such a character.

Jena.

I just noticed where you are Jena, I have family outside Cardif but without my address book I can't tell you exactly where. I'd love to be able to go to Wales and meet them.

Nugget is gorgeous! So dignified.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm curious so I have to ask: I see a polish in the background of one of those photos, and she looks all gorgeous and healthy! Mine get picked on by the other hens and have to be separated...do you have a solution to that, or are your hens just kinder than mine?

Quote:
There is two Polish in there and they get along just fine. I have an unusual situation from what I'm told, I have a ton of roos, several hens and they all live together in peace. If they don't they get time out alone in a pen then we try it again and if they just can't get along with others I find them a home. I've only done that with 4 over this past year and they were just too aggressive. Helena has the biggest fluffiest head of them all and the others kind of make way for her and make sure she can get to the food without being bullied, the duck in the picture is Babette, she's the "roost mom" in the pen. She doesn't go into the coop at night until all her "chicks" hens and roos alike are in there. She babies the Polish especially.

Poor Nugget really needs big,sweeping tail feathers. He just looks so unbalanced. Big swaggering chest with a little bitty butt. His dignified attitude deserves a better tail!! He was cheated genetically!!!

I am smitten with Nugget and your stories of his antics.....
thumbsup.gif

I believe he deserves his own fan club. Ya know t-shirts and hats.
celebrate.gif
He could use his foot to autograph greeting cards and make you some big $$.
Did you ever write a children's book? The Adventures of Nugget!

Back
Top Bottom