new pigeon on my hands

it's a horrible feeling having to give this little fella back as i think he's just beautiful! but i stand by my word that i will try my best to find the owner. in your experiences have you ever had a bird go back on to the so called "new home"? in a situation like i have experienced?

it's a horrible feeling having to give this little fella back as i think he's just beautiful! but i stand by my word that i will try my best to find the owner. in your experiences have you ever had a bird go back on to the so called "new home"?Yes...... in a situation like i have experienced? If the fancier is a serious racing owner he probably will not want the bird back.

Last edited:
here's an update on Kev. he's still here and happy as a bird could be. i get to have a cuddle with him everyday which i just love. He really was sent to me. i think he is so precious!

me too! i can't imagine him not being here. it's only been a week. crazy!

No. Not crazy at all. Birds/pets can be quite compelling. Some of them capture the heart quickly. If you do find the owner perhaps they would be willing to sell him. As another post said, it is possible the owner will not want the bird back. A homer that can not return to its loft would not be desirable to a serious fancier of homing pigeons.

No. Not crazy at all. Birds/pets can be quite compelling. Some of them capture the heart quickly. If you do find the owner perhaps they would be willing to sell him. As another post said, it is possible the owner will not want the bird back. A homer that can not return to its loft would not be desirable to a serious fancier of homing pigeons.

I do no know why, but I keep thinking about you and the pigeon. It seems to me that the bird has made its choice. You let it go at least once and t came back to you. Pigeons do not work on mindless instinct alone; they can make choices. Enjoy your new pet.

nawwww thank you so much i feel that too he chose me for a reason. i just adore him to bits! He's so special. And i do see how people get so attached to there pigeons. especially when they show you such loyalty!

well i have another update on my little feathered friend (kev) my partner arrived home, the next day i let Kev out for a fly and he never turned up :-( that was 4 days ago, so im guessing he's gone home, and was only meant to be with me while my partner was away. well i really enjoyed his company and he was well fed. so how ever owns pigeons and if they don't come home straight away it could mean that they were on a mission to keep someone company please dont think they are no good, they were doing a great deed. xoxo miss you kev

Back
Top Bottom