New Pigeons! Help with breed/mixes

NewHopePoultry

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Troy,Missouri
I won 3 of these at an auction for $1 each.
The cage said:

2010 Hatches
-Archangel cross
-Egyptian Swift cross
-Modena cross (Im pretty sure I know which one this is, but I dont know what its crossed with)

so who's who?

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Together:
IMG_1868.jpg

#3 (Modena cross?) :
IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

and then I bought a pair of Rollers, but not sure what kind or color they are.

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Im hoping out of these 5 pigeons I have at least 1 breeding pair

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
None of these appear to have Swift in them, however, the first two both look like Archangel crosses, and the third look like modena/roller cross

Also, the two rollers are Light Almond and Yellow (recessive?)

BTW, they are Birmingham Rollers

Last edited:
The first two are probably swift x archangels since bronze is present in both breeds. Like Bubba said, they don't look very Swift-ish, but it is possible. And you're right about the modena cross. Looks like he's going through a rough moult!
tongue.png

And everyone else is right about the rollers - almond and recessive yellow. Very pretty birds!

I was leaning towards Birmingham Rollers, but wasnt 100% sure.
I love their coloring as well
smile.png
They were sold to me as a pair, but they are both still pretty young (one still squeaks)

As for the crosses, I didnt see Swift in them either(could only go by what I read on the internet) , but that was what the cage card said. But I knew which one was the modena cross (didnt know what it was crossed with though) As for looking rough, the modena cross had a rough start with me. A stray cat got ahold of him through the bars of a cage whilke I was waiting for the auction to get over.

Back
Top Bottom