new pond enclosure

whatnext

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
South Texas
New enclosure started. Main shallow pond drainage complete, however want deeper water for divers. Thinking of using 21' boat as other pond that dumps water into lower shallower pond. Hope I can make the boat pond look good.
Think it will be ready in a week? That's when the new ducks should arrive, and I would rather put them in their permanent home.

New enclosure started. Main shallow pond drainage complete, however want deeper water for divers. Thinking of using 21' boat as other pond that dumps water into lower shallower pond. Hope I can make the boat pond look good.
Think it will be ready in a week? That's when the new ducks should arrive, and I would rather put them in their permanent home.
Wait your not talking about ducklings arriving in one week and your going to put them straight into the pond? They'll never make it.
sad.png
please read... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited:
I have adult ducks coming. To the right of the pond is an existing enclosure containing 13 varieties of pheasant and 5 varieties of ducks (mandarins, wood, ring teal, falcated teal, white face). I am expanding my pond area to accommodate more and larger variety. New ducks arriving include; bahama pintail, European and chiloe widgeon, garganey teal, baikal teal etc...
On the right side of the pond you can see a 4" PVC pipe, that's water coming in from existing pond. On the left I have 6" PVC pipe draining.
This will all be enclosed within a week. Wire, netting, lumber, some plants, are on site, ducks are being sent. Problem is if I don't like the boat pond, I can't remove it except in pieces after enclosed. I will update photo at end of day.

I have adult ducks coming. To the right of the pond is an existing enclosure containing 13 varieties of pheasant and 5 varieties of ducks (mandarins, wood, ring teal, falcated teal, white face). I am expanding my pond area to accommodate more and larger variety. New ducks arriving include; bahama pintail, European and chiloe widgeon, garganey teal, baikal teal etc...
On the right side of the pond you can see a 4" PVC pipe, that's water coming in from existing pond. On the left I have 6" PVC pipe draining.
This will all be enclosed within a week. Wire, netting, lumber, some plants, are on site, ducks are being sent. Problem is if I don't like the boat pond, I can't remove it except in pieces after enclosed. I will update photo at end of day.
Well that's a relief. LOL sounds like you have it covered or almost covered. Look forward to seeing it all when finished, what an awesome assortment of birds, be sure to post all the pics you want. I love the boat idea too hope it works out.
smile.png
and where are my manners
welcome-byc.gif

Here are some pictures this morning, hopefully it will look different this afternoon. First one looking to the left of new pond.
Second to the right .

Next ones from inside existing enclosure.

Yes, it is getting crowded, but all the birds are well behaved.
In the first picture, you can see the new pheasant/??? pens which have an adjoining wall to the new duck pen. I have to finish that wall before I can finish the duck pond enclosure.
Ducks are being shipped Monday, have to get busy.

Hi I'm not sure if you will like this idea. We had a useless boat on my property as well . We made a composting bin out of it . We putting all out food scraps, grass clipping, rabbit manure In it. I purchased some of those red composting worms. Now I have very useful boat that will never be floating again.

Hi I'm not sure if you will like this idea. We had a useless boat on my property as well . We made a composting bin out of it . We putting all out food scraps, grass clipping, rabbit manure In it. I purchased some of those red composting worms. Now I have very useful boat that will never be floating again.
would make a cool garden too but a waterfall? awesome!!!!!

good use also, nw we always need pics.
pop.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom