New Quail brooder

Catfishtoon

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
We were looking for a brooder for our quail. We went to Tractor Supply yesterday to pick up a water trough. My bride came up with what I think will be a better idea. The raised beds were on sale. This one is 2'x4'. It is tall enough that we don't have to bend over or squat down to deal with them. I put cardboard in the bottom and pine shavings about two inches thick. We are moving the babies in there tonight. I will build a top for it that is part screen and part solid to help retain heat.
I will update as we go along with good or bad.

Attachments

• 20230620_094719.jpg
    20230620_094719.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230620_094728.jpg
    20230620_094728.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230620_101151.jpg
    20230620_101151.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 10
We were looking for a brooder for our quail. We went to Tractor Supply yesterday to pick up a water trough. My bride came up with what I think will be a better idea. The raised beds were on sale. This one is 2'x4'. It is tall enough that we don't have to bend over or squat down to deal with them. I put cardboard in the bottom and pine shavings about two inches thick. We are moving the babies in there tonight. I will build a top for it that is part screen and part solid to help retain heat.
That is actually a really amazing idea if I ever do a bigger scale hatch that is something I would look into.

Do you know the brand or anything for that bed? It appears to be made out of metal. I looked on TSC website, but couldn't find anything that looked similar.

Edit: disregard, I changed my search parameters and found it. Looks like a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom