New quail not laying

jetman82

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
Hi all. I am totally new to quail so pardon my ignorance :)

I wanted fresh eggs and live in orlando so I decided to get some quail. I got 10 cortunix hens about 9 weeks old.

I have them in a 5 by 2 by 2 wire bottom cage a couple feet off the ground. I have added a box with sand for Dust baths and covered the top of the Cage with landscape fabric to Obscure their view. I'm feeding dumour chick starter/grower. They get a little am sun but full shade after about noon.

About a week after I got them all laying ceased. I got about 10 eggs in total. Are they just on strike or what can i do to try to get some eggs going before winter!

I had a group take three Weeks after I switched cages to start laying again. From stress I was told. So make sure they ain't being stressed by some predator visiting at night. Good protein and twelve hours of light.and your eggs should return. They Just need to settle in to their new environment most likely

I had a group take three Weeks after I switched cages to start laying again. From stress I was told. So make sure they ain't being stressed by some predator visiting at night. Good protein and twelve hours of light.and your eggs should return. They Just need to settle in to their new environment most likely

x2

Back
Top Bottom