new research debunks trad views on nutrition

Pics
Why would more type 2 diabetes be "fabulous"?

Not everyone does well on a diet composed largely of cheap carbohydrates.
I don’t understand the connection between diabetes an not eating cheap factory farm meat. Sounds like you got the wrong info for a healthy diet.

In general you can say that veggies are way more healthy than meat.
Eating just ½ a portion of meat and double the amount of vegetables has proven to be more healthy without any other changes.

You need to make some changes if you delete all the meat. You shouldn't just take the meat off your plate. In addition you need to add some beans, seeds and nuts for good proteins, iron and such.

People who change to a vegan lifestyle improve their health if they do it wisely (in general). And it’s better to change step by step. Not change your habits overnight or your intestines will protest.

we also need assertions to be supported with evidence, and that means published evidence not anecdote or 'X said' without reference to exactly where and when they said it.

I have quoted quite a few bits of Spector's book where it is stated explicitly that the experts are in disagreement, so whatever your point of view, it should be obvious that there are alternative interpretations and explanations for the data, so a less trenchant stance would be nice.

View attachment 3439149
But humans are animals.
I think I'm going to have to leave this thread. Too much church stuff, politics and ignorance.
Before I go...
This looks like abuse to me.
View attachment 3439152
Unfortunately i have seen something similar, thousands of meat birds in a dump construction site with wood falling everywhere, it’s unfortunate..

Being even hotter and wetter, I expect that organic material burns out of your soil even faster than from mine.

The best way to think of this kind of geology is that it's a fossilized beach dune -- which is an oversimplified version of the reality. :D
It's much more accurate than not.

16794331484392308744879401462400.jpg

160# of Lime this past fall. Helped some. Still acidic enough to etch concrete

Here's my soil report -
1679437949586.png

Yes, that's a recommend of 800+ lbs per acre of lime. To plant GRASS!
The fertilizer recommend is... I've not figured it out yet, with the fertilizers I have available. Likely Sunniland 15-0-15 ($35/50#) plus Stay Green's 18-24-6 ($60/50) = 22-12-10 for the 100#, and I'd need 4 bags of each for every acre....

Last edited:
My neighbor spent some time in Virginia, red clay soil. One year, she buried her kitchen waste/scraps in her garden, roughly a quart a day. She made a trench 1' deep, dumped in the day's worth of scraps, and covered it. Filled that trench, made another. And another.

She said her neighbor asked her the next spring if she had had soil brought in, it was that much improved.

@U_Stormcrow, do blueberries grow that far south? They like acidic soil, like 4.5-5.5 pH.

My neighbor spent some time in Virginia, red clay soil. One year, she buried her kitchen waste/scraps in her garden, roughly a quart a day. She made a trench 1' deep, dumped in the day's worth of scraps, and covered it. Filled that trench, made another. And another.

She said her neighbor asked her the next spring if she had had soil brought in, it was that much improved.

@U_Stormcrow, do blueberries grow that far south? They like acidic soil, like 4.5-5.5 pH.
We have trouble getting enough chill hours, so you have to be very selective in your varieties.

16794415273285904244745336468614.jpg

That's a 2 year old plant where I didn't break the clays enough ( it was previously trenched to a depth of 3 ft so that I could run a water line. Trenched by a backhoe not myself). And this is another two year old plant.
16794417147656667691814824432794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom