New rollout nest design Picture heavy-edited 1/21

Pics
Got my large pieces cut from 1sheet of 3/4" plywood. About to go get another sheet this afternoon for the smaller cuts. Will a half sheet work or do I need to get another full one?

Opa, THANK YOU!

This is ace someone please message me the plans
smile.png

Which plans are you referring to? All of the necessary information to build the 6 nest box is in the first post of this thread. If you are wanting the 2 nest box you will need to send me an email so I can forward the plans to you.

Has anyone had any luck finding directional nest pads? I ordered some from QC supply. NOT directional. I also looked at the ones mentioned here (cutler) and they don't look to be directional either.

Thanks!

Has anyone had any luck finding directional nest pads? I ordered some from QC supply. NOT directional. I also looked at the ones mentioned here (cutler) and they don't look to be directional either.

Thanks!
The grey nest pads sold by Cutler Supply make no mention of being directional, however, if you look closely at them before installing them in your nest boxes you will see that the ends of the "grass" all point in one direction. The direction the tips point would be the bottom.

Opa, thanks for the tip on the longer boxes. Since I extended my out to 14" deep, we haven't had any broken eggs.... Well, except for the ones that got a little too much velocity on their way down. Fixed the angle a little and we're going on about 2 months without a cracked egg.

Thanks again.

I am starting on my 6 nest box next week, I toyed with the idea of making it a 8 nest but I haven't decided yet, I am going to hang mine on the inside of the coop on an exterior wall, I will keep it elevated enough to not lose floor space, I am framing an opening into my wall to which I will put a door which will flip down to access the egg area, when closed it will be flush with the outside wall, no large box sticking out the side of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom