New rollout nest design Picture heavy-edited 1/21

Pics
Thank you, Opa, for your excellent plans and all the others who have posted their success stories. This will make a huge difference in how I build my coop and nest boxes. I will be building the 6 box model and, like Opa, will have them on an interior wall so I can collect eggs from the storage room. Your experience and wise advice may help me avoid having to deal with egg eaters.

I wanted to post a photo of the 6 hole nest box that I made following Opa's plans. I pick my eggs up from the isle way between pens. I love this nest box, and my girls started useing it the 1st day they were in the coop. I did put some bedding in for the 1st few days, but don't think I would have needed to. Thanks for the great plans Opa.
61064_chicken_059.jpg

Now my neck hurts because I had to read all the posts. I think I'm going to try and make one of these with it lower part coming out to the front. I have an idea but it will take me a couple of months to do it. When I get it done I'll put pics up.

Thanks so much for the idea.

I tried simulating this using the nesting pads like you have above and then placing them on top of a board at different angles. I find that if the egg is lengthwise (perpendicular) to the slope at almost any angle, it doesn't roll. Have you had this problem in the real world?

Back
Top Bottom