New Rooster

I would keep him separated but close by so they can all see each other, if possible, until the girls are old enough to squat and mate. But if it isn't possible things should be alright once the rooster proves himself to the ladies. Definitely keep an eye out for trouble when you do introduce him.

I've always put a new roo in a pen on full display for the ladies to check out for at least a few days.
I'd put him in the coop at night of course.
I'd put him back out in his little go-go dancing cage first thing in the morning though.
It just made things easier, a lot of the time if you just let rooster out he's going to just go nuts.
Not his fault, he just won the lottery so a little time for him to gather his thoughts is very helpful.:)

I would keep him separated but close by so they can all see each other, if possible, until the girls are old enough to squat and mate. But if it isn't possible things should be alright once the rooster proves himself to the ladies. Definitely keep an eye out for trouble when you do introduce him.
Thank you! I actually found out the rooster will be about the same age as my pullets, so that seems like it will help.

Back
Top Bottom