New Roosters, Not sure of Age/Breed.

Brookside7

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 31, 2012
So, we just got two roosters and we're not sure on exact age or breed. They're very easy to handle. They haven't started crowing yet and are about half or 3/4 the size of our RIR Hens and Black Australorp Hens. The have black legs. The soles of their feet are pinkish/white like the Australorps, but they don't have the dark eyes. These pictures aren't very good, I'll try to get some better ones later. In person, they appear to be black with the green and purple shine to their feathers. Their earlobes currently look white/really light pink. Any idea what breeds or cross they may be or about how old they appear? Thanks.

You can't really see it in the pictures, but they have long sickle feathers and tail feathers that look different from our other Australorp hens.

lol But, no, I'm not positive. They do seem to have longer, pointier, feathers than my hens though. :/

can you get better pics? the earlobe on one of them appear to be white unless its the flash. a pic of each like this would help
314555_661770839391_1182279719_n.jpg

I'll try to get one tomorrow. It's really dark outside right now. Their earlobes, up close, look white with really really light pink on the edge of one side. I was thinking that it may be where they're so young, but I don't know.

Last edited:

Well, I'm thinking they're not Australorps. :/ White earlobes..... Any idea on what breed/mix? And any idea on age? They haven't started crowing.

Back
Top Bottom