New silkie perant

We just hatched 9 little fizz balls they are 11 days old now it's so fun to watch them run around and scratch on a peice of paper that we put food on they scratch and eat just like little adult chickens do it's so cool to watch
If there is any advice for a new silkie chick parent I would appreciate it thanks BYC family
Awww 😍 how fun! Just started with silkies myself have yet to hatch any but I’m excited!!! We raised one though and she was so cute and has grown up to be absolutely wonderful

Awww 😍 how fun! Just started with silkies myself have yet to hatch any but I’m excited!!! We raised one though and she was so cute and has grown up to be absolutely wonderful
We've raise 3one white roo and one white hen and a black hen they'll be a year old in March they are wonderful little chickens full of energy and Soo fun to watch they are so easy going I can't wait to see how these little guys are going to grow up to become they are already so fun to watch scratching for food trying to take dirt baths they think there already so grown up 😂

I
Silkies are awesome! I've only bought and raised chicks before (not hatched), but they are such a friendly and unique breed. I especially love the roosters. Have fun raising your new chicks!
I agree with are so awesome I've raised an assortment of chickens and silkies are the most passive and fun to watch rocky our roo is quite the character he cracks me up every time I go outside to feed them

I have three 9 month olds (2 pullets 1 cockrel) and just incubated 8 out of 9 eggs...3 from my babies and 5 from a farm in Alabama that has satin silkies!
I've rehomed the silkie chicks and just kept the satins.
I absolutely LUV these chickens!!!
I love these little nuggets too I out of the 15 incubated 9 hatched we have 7 whites and one black and one blue or partridge she a gray and darker grey pattern with darker markings around her face and along each of her sides. The cockrell was white which I found out was not really not a color but a pigment that hides his base color or so I read so it was interesting to see what hatched from our black hens eggs

Back
Top Bottom